Recovery of missing URLs cited in Annals of Library and Information Studies: a study of Time Travel

Kumar, Vinay ; M, Sushmitha

Abstract

This paper intends to know the rate of active and missing URLs cited in the article published in Annals of Library and Information Studies during 2006-2015. A total of 6713 references appended to 342 research articles published during ten years were studied. Of the 6713 references, 1105 have URLs. It is found that 56.56% of URLs are active and remaining 43.44% of articles are missing. ‘HTTP-404’ is the common error code associated with missing URLs. The paper also discusses the usefulness of Time Travel in the recovery of missing URLs. The results show that Time Travel was able to recover more than 50% of missing URLs through different web archives.

Keyword(s)

URL;References;Journal

Full Text: PDF (downloaded 226 times)
This abstract viewed 252 times


Principal contact: annals@niscair.res.in, Technical support contact: sanjayburde@niscair.res.in & op@niscair.res.in